Down on the Allotment

Matron grows vegetables and fruit in a Hampshire garden. I've been growing veggies since I was knee high to a grasshopper. Some traditional varieties and old favourites as well as new ideas. I share my garden with my allotment assistant Daisy the Labrador. On Twitter as @MatronsVeggies

Sunday, August 13, 2006

Gardeners Delight

At last! it's raining! Not just that pathetic damp air we have been having recently - that evaporates as soon as it hits the soil, I am talking about good hard, thumping, thirst-quenching, lip smacking, never-ending, RAIN. Haven't had rain like this since at least April or May. I look forward to going down on the allotment tomorrow and seeing what has grown.

Pictured is my Gardeners Delight tomato. Like a string of jewels! Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

At 10:00 AM, Blogger Hx said...

I want tommies like that, mine are about the size of my ickle finger nail, mind you they are called "The Basket Tomato" and are in a trough!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

>