Down on the Allotment

Matron grows vegetables and fruit in a Hampshire garden. I've been growing veggies since I was knee high to a grasshopper. Some traditional varieties and old favourites as well as new ideas. I share my garden with my allotment assistant Daisy the Labrador. On Twitter as @MatronsVeggies

Friday, September 29, 2006

Apples at Brogdale

The National fruit collection at Brogdale have thousands of apple varieties to choose from. Apparently the big supermarkets are interested in finding varieties that they can market in one way or another. Apparently they are interested in small varieties to go in children's lunch boxes (who said children don't like big fruit?) anyway, the above photo is the new big thing at Tesco. This is the exact same truss of fruit that was photographed for their new publicity. This is a French variety.... called "Pomme Noir". Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

>