Down on the Allotment

Matron grows vegetables and fruit in a Hampshire garden. I've been growing veggies since I was knee high to a grasshopper. Some traditional varieties and old favourites as well as new ideas. I share my garden with my allotment assistant Daisy the Labrador. On Twitter as @MatronsVeggies

Tuesday, April 17, 2007

New improved compost heap!

Now you can see before and after pictures! These are wooden pallets on which German motorcycles were imported into the UK. I am going to fix some chicken wire round the sides so there is not too much spillage - so light the blue touchpaper and go. Incidentally, a few years' ago we came across a 'compost thermometer' in a garden centre in the USA. This is a fantastic gadget, as you can see how hot your compost is getting in the centre! I have never seen one since. Has anyone ever heard of one, or better still where I can get one from?

3 Comments:

At 9:24 PM, Blogger Greenmantle said...

Several available here Matron

http://tinyurl.com/2hd624

regards

GM

 
At 9:58 PM, Blogger Matron said...

That's great!I'll have a look round those internet sites. Thanks

 
At 4:54 AM, Blogger Wild Mood Swings said...

http://www.cmsgardens.co.uk/compostb.htm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

>