Down on the Allotment

Matron grows vegetables and fruit in a Hampshire garden. I've been growing veggies since I was knee high to a grasshopper. Some traditional varieties and old favourites as well as new ideas. I share my garden with my allotment assistant Daisy the Labrador. On Twitter as @MatronsVeggies

Sunday, February 24, 2008

Matron's Ted-blog

Always at a loss as to how to keep a blog interesting during the quiet season down on the allotment, I thought I would join in with Jayne at Country Cottage Chic and post some pictures of Teddy Senior and Teddy Junior to join in with her Teddy blogs!
Here you can see Ted Senior hiding in the undergrowth behind my globe artichokes. Ted Senior was born in 1922 and he belonged to my late Father.
Here you can see my three best boys! Buddy didn't want to be left out of the fun so decided to investigate what was going on.
Teddy Junior is mine! He was born in 1963 and squeaks if you hit a round lump in his tummy! Here they are together investigating the last of my Leeks.
All this was too much like thirsty work for Ted Senior who decided to go for a drink of water, but fell in the can! He's not too steady on his feet these days!
Ted Junior investigates the shallots 'pikant' which have been planted in modules in the greenhouse. They have already started to root and shoot well, they will be planted out soon.
Teddy Senior checks the progress of my purple podded peas.

Both the boys enjoyed a change of scenery today! Back to the shelf in the bedroom!

19 Comments:

At 7:52 PM, Blogger Yolanda Elizabet Heuzen said...

Ah, you're down to the bear necessities in the allotment I see. What a couple of handsome fellows they are! :-)

Wonderful that you still have your Father's teddy!!!

 
At 8:54 PM, Blogger Kylee Baumle said...

Oh, how wonderful! They both look like proper British bears. The one on the left (that was your father's) looks much like Winnie-the-Pooh...the geniune article, not that Disney bunch of fluff. (I'm a Classic Pooh collector.)

 
At 12:09 AM, Blogger Scarecrow said...

This is a great post Matron!
They look like they had a lovely time in the garden too!

 
At 1:31 AM, Blogger Maggie said...

I was sad about the trees going, the bears have cheered me up, I shall get my 60 year old ones out one day.

 
At 2:58 PM, Blogger kate said...

These are adorable bears ... I love the way they travelled throughout the garden.

I had to smile at the way Buddy got into the first photograph. He's a cutie.

 
At 5:28 PM, Blogger Paul and Melanie said...

lol thats a great post, I think they should become blog regulars now! :)

 
At 8:47 PM, Blogger Bob said...

Oh no! You can't put them back on the shelf after they had such fun out in the garden! Buddy would miss them anyway.If I remember right I think you asked me if the big house has a walled garden. If you want to visit the 'Hiking Gardeners Secret Garden' sometime you will find some pics of it and a little post about it. I love proper walled gardens and find them just as interesting as any other kind of garden. It must have been great working in a walled garden when they were at their peak. Bob.

 
At 10:15 PM, Blogger Tira said...

What a sweet, upbeat post! How wonderful that you have those two bears still-they do look very attractive and very well made.

 
At 10:18 PM, Blogger Country Cottage Chic said...

The Teds certainly had a fun time & what excellent gardeners they are!
Their exploits have been added to my "Teddy Bear Challenge" post.

:-)
Jayne

 
At 10:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just came over from Janyne's Teddy Challenge which I am also taking part in. This is a really fun post.
Carolyn
http://willowhouse.typepad.com

 
At 10:24 PM, Blogger cd&m said...

Gosh I was really worried about Ted Senior for a moment there! Just came over from Janyne's as we are also taking part in the Teddy Bear Challenge, this is the best post I've seen so far!

 
At 7:25 AM, Blogger prettyshabby said...

Hello Ive popped over via Jaynes bear blog,lovely bears..the old ones have great faces dont they? I love buddys expression in that picture..he looks very proud!

 
At 2:03 PM, Blogger Linda said...

Oh what a wonderful post, you just put a great big smile on this very tired face. I have also joined the teddy bear challenge.
Cheers Linda

 
At 4:40 PM, Blogger Billie-Jean said...

Matron...
Have you lost the plot luvvy?
LOL
Billie-Jean

 
At 9:20 PM, Blogger Louise said...

Matron, this is the best post I have ever seen, I shall be back again to look through it, it is very amusing. I can't believe what those bears were getting up to. I don't think they will get another trip down to the allotment in a hurry, you couldn't have got any work done! x

 
At 2:12 PM, Blogger Joanna said...

Love your bears and the photos of them, thats brillient.

 
At 11:00 PM, Blogger Deb said...

I found you via Jayne's blog & Teddy Bear Challenge post. Your teddy's are lovely and your sweet Buddy is just adorable! I had to comment once I saw his pic :-} He looks to be about the same age as our black lab Ben (who turned 11 Jan 1st).

 
At 5:07 AM, Blogger Matron said...

Hi Deb. Yes you are about right there. We think Buddy is about 12 but can't be sure as we got him from a re-homing centre 2 years ago.

 
At 11:54 PM, Blogger chey said...

I really enjoyed your fun post.Beautiful bears!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

>