Down on the Allotment

Matron grows vegetables and fruit in a Hampshire garden. I've been growing veggies since I was knee high to a grasshopper. Some traditional varieties and old favourites as well as new ideas. I share my garden with my allotment assistant Daisy the Labrador. On Twitter as @MatronsVeggies

Saturday, November 01, 2008

Eat The View

I came across a wonderful video clip whilst visiting Skippys Vegetable Garden. May I depart from my own veggies for one moment and bring your attention to a movement in the USA trying to encourage the next US President to turn at least part of the White House Lawn into a vegetable garden! Take a look at http://www.eattheview.org/ and the video clip. Enjoy!

3 Comments:

At 2:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The video was excellent. I particularly liked the sheep on the lawn and the greenhouse extension!

 
At 4:51 PM, Blogger Shibaguyz said...

WOOHOO!! Victory Gardens RULE!!

 
At 8:29 PM, Blogger Petunia's Gardener said...

That could be prime space compared to many of the places some of us garden. It is flat, looks like full sun, has longish, warm summers. Just think of the public awareness opps!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

>