Down on the Allotment

Matron grows vegetables and fruit in a Hampshire garden. I've been growing veggies since I was knee high to a grasshopper. Some traditional varieties and old favourites as well as new ideas. I share my garden with my allotment assistant Daisy the Labrador. On Twitter as @MatronsVeggies

Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Merry Christmas!

Wishing everyone out there in blogland a Merry Christmas! On Christmas Day I will be digging up a few parsnips, leeks and Jerusalem artichokes. Christmas dinner wouldn't be Christmas dinner without fresh veggies! Bon Appetit!!

9 Comments:

At 8:21 AM, Blogger Scarecrow said...

Merry Christmas to Matron and Buddy!

From Scarecrow, Doc and Luckydog!

Love the photo...Luckydog wouldn't co-operate this year lol

 
At 9:38 AM, Blogger The Mulch said...

I love this picture. Definately deserves a scooby snack for the pose.

Merry christmas.

 
At 11:03 AM, Blogger VP said...

My most favourite day on the allotment is on Christmas Eve when I dig up the veggies to take with us up North.

Have a great Christmas Matron!

xxx

 
At 1:08 PM, Blogger Kath said...

Parsnips, Jerusalems and a selection of greens (and reds - Black tuscany and red kales and chard) for us. Great eating your own stuff isn't it? Merry Christmas to you and buddy too.

 
At 7:27 AM, Blogger Green thumb said...

Merry Christmas.

It is wonderful to have a christmas dinner of home grown vegetables.
Bon apetit!

 
At 12:46 PM, Blogger Lynn said...

Merry Christmas to you and Buddy Matron! The fresh from your allotment veggies for Christmas dinner sounds divine! We did that at Thanksgiving, but our plots are finished now. Had I grown the kale (I had trouble with the seedlings from not being able to use the drip hoses), I would still be harvesting.

 
At 8:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas, Matron, and all the best for 2009.

 
At 6:58 PM, Blogger Dawn said...

Too cute! The things our loyal dogs will do for us!

 
At 7:07 PM, Blogger Kit Aerie-el said...

Awww, how cute.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and yours!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

>