Down on the Allotment

Matron grows vegetables and fruit in a Hampshire garden. I've been growing veggies since I was knee high to a grasshopper. Some traditional varieties and old favourites as well as new ideas. I share my garden with my allotment assistant Daisy the Labrador. On Twitter as @MatronsVeggies

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

New Beginnings

A Day of firsts today!
And I planted my first veggies in the greenhouse too! I promise to preserve, protect and defend my veggies from all pests.... both foreign and domestic!

6 Comments:

At 6:31 PM, Blogger Monica the Garden Faerie said...

I watched the inauguration on bbc online--it had better streaming than the overloaded US sites! New beginnings rule. I hate to seem stupid, but what is it you planted in those flats??

 
At 10:15 PM, Blogger The Mulch said...

Hi, weve been reading each others blog here and there and wondered if you would like to link me. I have yours......

Good luck for 2009, I hope you have success with your growing experiences this year.

Rgds

Caz

 
At 10:41 PM, Blogger Matron said...

Monica - these are some shallots I grew last year and managed to save.
Goldmember - please do link! I have been meaning to reorganize my bloglist and will certainly add you to mine.

 
At 4:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

For me, yesterday was like Christmas as a little kid! Cathy at Skippy's Garden posted the following video link today that I love: http://www.vimeo.com/1812382
Maybe the Obamas will add a vegetable/victory garden to the White House lawn!
Your shallots look great, by the way. :)

Caroline

 
At 6:51 PM, Blogger Anna said...

Thanks for a timely reminder - I have not grown shallots before and want to give them a go. I do hope that your pledge is successful.

 
At 10:56 AM, Blogger Lynn said...

Oh the shallots look snug as a bug in a rug ;) Doesn't everything seem as it should be now, with something started in dirt!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

>