Down on the Allotment

Matron grows vegetables and fruit in a Hampshire garden. I've been growing veggies since I was knee high to a grasshopper. Some traditional varieties and old favourites as well as new ideas. I share my garden with my allotment assistant Daisy the Labrador. On Twitter as @MatronsVeggies

Monday, June 29, 2009

Picking Raspberries

Will these raspberries never stop? I've been out every day for a week and picked every single ripe raspberry and still the next day I am doing it all over again! Absolutely brilliant! Anyway, here is another effort in my online veggie show. You've got until July 14th to send me your entries to Matrons Worldwide Veggie Show 2009. Don't forget there will also be a Judge's Discretionary award for causing me to smile!

9 Comments:

At 1:00 AM, Blogger Bangchik and Kakdah said...

Such a nice gesture raspberries showing it to us, "come and pick me, I will give more tomorrow"... I have similar experience winged beans... Exactly the same feeling of abundance ........ endless harvest day after day.

Cheers,
~ bangchik

 
At 6:45 AM, Anonymous Karen said...

Hi Matron - I am salivating and smiling all at once, looking at your lovely berries. My plants are not producing too much in their first year, and the leaves are pretty yellow despite what I think has been regular but not over-watering. Hm. Anyway, I tried to photo some snap peas tonight for your fun contest but my camera was not cooperating! I might have to just be a ringside observer.

 
At 9:51 AM, Blogger Yolanda Elizabet Heuzen said...

I know what you mean about the raspberries, I have the same *problem* here. ;-)

Not sure if my entry for Matrons Worldwide Veggie Show 2009 will put a smile on your face but my today's post about a spiffy new hedge trimmer might.

 
At 10:38 AM, Blogger Carrie said...

Darn it! They look so good I want to pick them out of the computer and gobble them down. We have so many raspberry canes but not one berry, they're too young. No fair! We are picking Broad Beans and peas like there's no tomorrow though.

 
At 11:33 AM, Blogger gintoino said...

My yellow raspberries are also producing like mad (and its only their first year). Competition will be though, with all those beautiful vegetables you keep on showing ;-)

 
At 5:42 PM, Blogger Rachael said...

My raspberries have raspberry beetle, and all the berries have unpleasant black/brown bits on them.

 
At 5:53 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Have to say I hardly get to eat raspberries here. Sometime ago, when I was in Winnersh, UK with my friend, we picked raspberries and enjoyed them v.much :)

 
At 7:52 AM, Blogger VP said...

Snap! My post's up as promised. I can either send you the collage or the individual components (just one up to all of them!)- let me know which you'd prefer :)

Such fun!

 
At 1:19 AM, Anonymous Denisy said...

Ola
Adorei o seu blog , tem coisas lindas e interessante. parabens

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

>