Down on the Allotment

Matron grows vegetables and fruit in a Hampshire garden. I've been growing veggies since I was knee high to a grasshopper. Some traditional varieties and old favourites as well as new ideas. I share my garden with my allotment assistant Daisy the Labrador. On Twitter as @MatronsVeggies

Sunday, March 14, 2010

Mom's Apple Pie!

I couldn't resist any longer! Apples stored in the garage had been calling to me for weeks.This is an amazingly simple recipe from America. A good friend swapped her Mom's (that means her Mother for my English readers!)apple pie recipe. I gave her my spotted dick recipe in return!
Thinly sliced and beautifully spiced. The pastry is as simple as can be.
Cooks like a dream
and doesn't last long!Happy Mothering Sunday - to Mothers everywhere!

12 Comments:

At 10:07 AM, Blogger Jo said...

Happy Mother's Day, Matron. That apple pie is making my mouth water, it looks so good.

 
At 10:12 AM, Blogger Kath said...

That looks SOOOO good! I'm off to my daughter's for a special meal (but the highlight will be playing with the granddaughters!)

 
At 1:50 PM, Blogger miss m said...

I should have had a bite before reading this ! *gurgle* Looks delish ! *drool*

Happy Mother's Day to all UK mums !

 
At 2:02 PM, Blogger Caroline said...

What an incredible looking pie! I made one out of frozen blueberries this past weekend, and it wasn't very good. For pies more than anything else, I think you've got to have fresh fruit! Bon appetit!

 
At 4:42 PM, Anonymous kitsapFG said...

Nothing like apple pie or apple pan dowdy (aka as skillet apple pie) - warm with just a small scoop of really good vanilla ice cream. mmmmm.... heaven!

My rhubarb is what is currently calling my name for pie. The spring growth is almost enough for the first harvest. Soon, very soon. :D

 
At 7:36 PM, Blogger Midmarsh John said...

As Bernard Miles would have said: It looks good, it tastes good, and by golly it does you good.

 
At 8:35 AM, Blogger Funkbunny said...

mmmm, that look good! The apples on the tree in my street are just about ready: I know what I'll be making!

 
At 7:08 PM, Blogger Cabbage Tree Farm said...

Yum! What sort of apples did you use?

 
At 11:23 PM, Blogger Matron said...

Cabbage Tree Farm...er... they were free apples, liberated, found, scrumped! (an old English tradition)

 
At 7:09 PM, Blogger Rob said...

I'll have some o' that!
Rob

 
At 7:56 PM, Anonymous Damo said...

my favourite, looks good!

 
At 10:42 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

making my mouth water - yummy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

>