Down on the Allotment

Matron grows vegetables and fruit in a Hampshire garden. I've been growing veggies since I was knee high to a grasshopper. Some traditional varieties and old favourites as well as new ideas. I share my garden with my allotment assistant Daisy the Labrador. On Twitter as @MatronsVeggies

Friday, April 01, 2011

Introducing the Dog-Apple

Well, you've heard of crab apples? So now here is the dog-apple! An early Spring variety which overwinters on the tree. Gives off an amazing scent which can be smelled by dogs from miles around! What a useful addition to help fill the hungry gap when there is little else in the garden. Leo loves it!

12 Comments:

At 7:45 AM, Blogger mrspao said...

Hehe - you had me going there for a moment :) Like the spaghetti trees... Happy April fools..

 
At 9:55 AM, Blogger Kath said...

Shame the string shows - Happy April to you too Matron!

 
At 10:37 AM, Blogger melsanford said...

Love it :-) Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx

 
At 1:39 PM, Blogger Jennifer Tetlow said...

Made me smile - what a lovely whiskery muzzle. At my plot it would be geese beaks!

 
At 1:50 PM, Blogger Paul and Melanie said...

lololol love it... Took a second or two to twig... ;)

 
At 4:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So cute you are! You had me going to...and a Happy April Fools Day to you Too LOL!

 
At 4:32 PM, Blogger Dan said...

Oh that is that new variety, Malus Stringus :-)

 
At 9:07 PM, Blogger Dim Sum Gardener said...

Good one Matron ;O) I was looking forward to your post for today!

 
At 10:24 PM, Blogger Rob said...

Hi Matron, nice one! I like the doggies nose, seems like he has really taken to gardening.

 
At 10:44 AM, Blogger miruku said...

Haha that's your dog's nose, i thought what... hahaha

 
At 9:14 PM, Blogger Midmarsh John said...

Brilliant lol.

 
At 5:47 AM, Blogger Carrie said...

I love Leo!!!!!!! x

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

>