Down on the Allotment

Matron grows vegetables and fruit in a Hampshire garden. I've been growing veggies since I was knee high to a grasshopper. Some traditional varieties and old favourites as well as new ideas. I share my garden with my allotment assistant Daisy the Labrador. On Twitter as @MatronsVeggies

Thursday, September 27, 2012

Cinderella Goes to the Ball!

It's official!  Matron's giant pumpkin is going to the ball!  I heard yesterday that I have been invited to compete at the RHS Autumn Show at the Horticultural Halls in London on 9th & 10th October.  I really wasn't expecting this, I've never entered any sort of show.  Fingers crossed!

13 Comments:

At 8:20 AM, Blogger VirginiaC said...

What great news!!!
Hope you win a ribbon for your first showing.....Best of Luck!!

 
At 10:19 AM, Blogger littlekarstar said...

GOOD LUCK! That is some pumpkin.

 
At 10:42 AM, Blogger suburban veg gardener said...

Ooo Matron, that's Fabulous with a capital F!! I'll be heading down there on one of the days - I'll be sure to pop by and say hello to your pumpkin!!

 
At 1:57 PM, Blogger Caro said...

Wow, well done! I hope I have time to come to the show and will look out for your pumpkin. It looks beautiful!

 
At 2:55 PM, Blogger chocolatelikesnow said...

That's fantastic! How many people have you got lined up to lift her up?!

 
At 6:03 PM, Blogger Captain Shagrat said...

Fantastic...Wish I could be there to see it. Goodluck

 
At 8:09 PM, Blogger Petunia's Gardener said...

She's a beauty and now she's simply glowing. Cannot wait to see you lined up with the other growers. Could be an interesting lot, from what I've read about these contests in the US.

 
At 11:34 AM, Blogger Midmarsh John said...

Don't know why but I have this mental picture of you pushing a wheelbarrow with pumpkin through the main entrance. Good luck.

 
At 10:38 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

How cool! I love a show and am sensing you will win!!

 
At 9:39 AM, Blogger Lee said...

Good luck, that thing is a monster! Out of interest, what do you put under it to stop it rotting/ getting "bed-sores" when it's as big as that?

 
At 9:56 AM, Blogger Dim Sum Gardener said...

Good luck Matron - I shall pop by to cheer on the pumpkin!

 
At 9:27 PM, Blogger Matron said...

Chocolatelikesnow - I am trying to think of some of my neighbours to help me lift it into the car, but both the guys I know have recently had hernia ops!!

 
At 12:08 AM, Blogger Natalie Cleary said...

Congratulations! Hope all goes well and a ribbon is won.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

>