Down on the Allotment

Matron grows vegetables and fruit in a Hampshire garden. I've been growing veggies since I was knee high to a grasshopper. Some traditional varieties and old favourites as well as new ideas. I share my garden with my allotment assistant Daisy the Labrador. On Twitter as @MatronsVeggies

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Competition Time!

 Well, tomorrow I post off my application to join in the RHS Heaviest Pumpkin Competition!  Measurements and photographs have to be sent in order that they decide who gets to bring their pumpkin to the show to compete.
I've never done anything like this before. I have never entered any sort of veggie show or competition. They will probably laugh their socks off when they compare mine to those crusty old professionals who have been growing giant pumpkins in their sleep for generations! I probably don't have a hope... but I've had fun anyway. Should know in the next couple of weeks.

6 Comments:

At 12:07 AM, Blogger Gardeningbren said...

she's a beaut Matron!

 
At 9:24 AM, Blogger chocolatelikesnow said...

It's huge! I hope you do well. I showed your pics of Cinderella to my little boy and he wants to grow one next year :-D

 
At 10:06 AM, Blogger suburban veg gardener said...

What a fabulous specimen! Will your pumpkin be at the RHS Autumn Show next month?

 
At 11:51 AM, Anonymous Ali said...

Looks like something you could pop wheels on and ride to the ball! Lovely!

 
At 12:43 PM, Blogger Kris said...

Good luck, Matron. Fingers crossed...!

 
At 1:12 PM, Blogger Martin and Amy said...

Good luck! Never seen anything like it! Only ever seen pumpkins this big on the news!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

>