Down on the Allotment

Matron grows vegetables and fruit in a Hampshire garden. I've been growing veggies since I was knee high to a grasshopper. Some traditional varieties and old favourites as well as new ideas. I share my garden with my allotment assistant Daisy the Labrador. On Twitter as @MatronsVeggies

Saturday, December 22, 2012

Getting Ready

 I drove up to the Brussels Sprout capital of the world yesterday.  A short journey up the A1 to Bedfordshire to pick up a couple of sticks of Brussels Sprouts for my Christmas dinner.
These were cut just yesterday morning. You can just feel the freshness, everything about them is perfect. I took a few of the sprouts from the bottom of the stick, and this will keep fresh for weeks outside in a few inches of fresh water.  I LOVE Brussels sprouts, and these are just perfect.

4 Comments:

At 7:27 AM, Blogger Carrie said...

ENJOY my sweet lovely Matron xx

 
At 8:07 AM, Blogger Mark Willis said...

It always surprises me that supermarkets so seldom sell sprouts "on the stick". They are just so much nicer this way because they don't dry out.

 
At 12:47 AM, Blogger VirginiaC said...

Wishing you and yours a wonderful Christmas a a Happy new Year.
Hope you enjoy those lovely looking brussel sprouts with your Christmas dinner. Never knew they could remain fresh that way.

 
At 10:11 AM, Anonymous Play angry Birds said...

Wish you happy new year to you and your family ..very informative blog..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

>