Down on the Allotment

Matron grows vegetables and fruit in a Hampshire garden. I've been growing veggies since I was knee high to a grasshopper. Some traditional varieties and old favourites as well as new ideas. I share my garden with my allotment assistant Daisy the Labrador. On Twitter as @MatronsVeggies

Thursday, August 15, 2013

Healthy Treats

 My beautiful blackberries are just starting to ripen. I have been making a tasty treat in this hot weather.
 Pick a handful and wash thoroughly.
 Put them in a blender with some vanilla ice cream, skimmed milk... and then turn the blender on.
 Blend for just a little while to remove lumps.
Just look at that stunning colour! A healthy-ish milkshake or smoothie brimming with lovely flavour and goodness! cheers!

10 Comments:

At 2:39 PM, Blogger CJ said...

Looks delicious. I do something similar with any berries I can find and some soya milk and a banana. It always makes me feel virtuous!

 
At 5:15 PM, Blogger Midmarsh John said...

I've been picking a few juicy ones on our walkies down the lane. Not many yet and none have lasted long enough to reach home!

 
At 7:51 PM, Blogger Caro said...

Wow - wonderful colour! I do the same with bananas, raspberries, strawberries ... mmm yum yum! Filling and healthy! Haven't seen too many blackberries yet, will have a good look at the weekend. They usually end up in a pie with some apples ... might have to change tactics!

 
At 9:28 PM, Blogger Cabbage Tree Farm said...

Lovely berries and smoothie!
You've just reminded me I have to put up some wire for my plants, they are sadly trailing on the ground at present :-(

 
At 9:59 AM, Blogger Kelli said...

A great way to use berries, looks tasty!

 
At 7:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh yum!

 
At 9:46 PM, Blogger Dawn said...

Terrific photo. I have berry bush envy.

 
At 10:12 PM, Blogger Rose Garden Malevik said...

woow. that look really nice :)
and do not miss...

SATURDAY SHOW OFF

it is FUN :)
WELCOME
HÃ¥kan ( The Roseman)

 
At 10:17 PM, Blogger Carrie said...

Stunning colour - looks delicious xx

 
At 9:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can almost taste the smoothie, yummm...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

>