Down on the Allotment

Matron grows vegetables and fruit in a Hampshire garden. I've been growing veggies since I was knee high to a grasshopper. Some traditional varieties and old favourites as well as new ideas. I share my garden with my allotment assistant Daisy the Labrador. On Twitter as @MatronsVeggies

Monday, October 28, 2013

Sunday Lunch


These lovely Delica squashes from Seeds of Italy are wonderful Winter keepers.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          
 But this one didn't keep, I just had to have it for Sunday lunch yesterday.  This was a trailing squash that I trained to climb up the outside of a shed on a trellis.
Beautiful firm, sweet flesh which went down a treat. I have lots more to enjoy throughout the Winter.

4 Comments:

At 9:38 AM, Blogger Mark Willis said...

Yum! Looks like a fine specimen. How did you cook it?

 
At 1:20 PM, Blogger Gardeningbren said...

Nice thick flesh as well and beautiful besides. Lovely!

 
At 8:17 PM, Blogger Matron said...

Mark, I steamed it. The skin is quite tender and extremely edible.

 
At 7:14 PM, Blogger Lee said...

Looks great. Keep meaning to try some stuff from Seeds of Italy, I will next season.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

>