Down on the Allotment

Matron grows vegetables and fruit in a Hampshire garden. I've been growing veggies since I was knee high to a grasshopper. Some traditional varieties and old favourites as well as new ideas. I share my garden with my allotment assistant Daisy the Labrador. On Twitter as @MatronsVeggies

Saturday, February 21, 2015

The World's Longest Chilli







 Would you like to try to get in the Guinnes Book of Records?   If you plant your chilli seeds now you can see if you could grow the longest chilli!
 The lovely people at Sea Spring Seeds are holding a competition to see who can grow the longest chilli.  Apparently there is currently no record, so whoever wins this competition will be holding the new record!  You can have a look on the Sea Spring website for how to enter.
This sounds like a great thing to do this year!  I have bought two varieties of chilli which might do. Joes Long Cayenne Chilli, and a really interesting variety called Spaghetti.


I did grow some Joe's Long chilli back in 2006, the plants were about 4 feet high and the chillis were at least a foot long. They ripen to a glorious red colour.   Anyone fancy a go?

2 Comments:

At 7:49 AM, Blogger Mark Willis said...

Another good variety to try is "Pinocchio's Nose". I grew this once and it produced fruits about a foot long (and that was without trying to beat any records)

 
At 4:02 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Yes l do.😊

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

>