Down on the Allotment

Matron grows vegetables and fruit in a Hampshire garden. I've been growing veggies since I was knee high to a grasshopper. Some traditional varieties and old favourites as well as new ideas. I share my garden with my allotment assistant Daisy the Labrador. On Twitter as @MatronsVeggies

Sunday, March 08, 2015

They're Up!

 The first seedlings of this new growing season are up!  I like to get chilli seeds off to an early start in a heated propagator because they need such a long growing season.  I might get some others started in the next few days.
 These are 'Spaghetti' chilli and 'Joe's Long' chilli which I am growing for a Guinness World Record - Longest Chilli competition this year.
Meanwhile elsewhere on the patch - the pigeons are having a really good feast on my lovely calabrase! grrrrrr. Not funny.

4 Comments:

At 7:37 PM, Blogger Mark Willis said...

I'll be interested to see what tricks you use for creating the world's longest chilli. Presumably you have some magic wonder feed lined-up for them?

 
At 7:43 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

It's a good feeling when you get your first seedlings coming through and the plants start putting out new shoots.

 
At 6:08 PM, Anonymous Alexa~FurnishMyWay said...

Exciting! I agree with Robert Harrison! It's definitely a good feeling when your seedlings start sprouting. Excited to see how your garden is coming about!

 
At 6:14 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I was given a chilli plant to make seeds with last autumn by our cleaning lady and they came through like a rocket when I sowed them in February.

Now sitting happily in an 8cm pot on a windowsill.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

>