Down on the Allotment

Matron grows vegetables and fruit in a Hampshire garden. I've been growing veggies since I was knee high to a grasshopper. Some traditional varieties and old favourites as well as new ideas. I share my garden with my allotment assistant Daisy the Labrador. On Twitter as @MatronsVeggies

Sunday, June 28, 2015

Second Early New Potatoes

I have not grown Ratte potatoes before this year.  What a little star!  A second early new potato which is a long shape with a wonderful, waxy texture and full of flavour.  Not quite up to the standard of my all time favourite variety Epicure, but it is getting there.  Just simmered gently with some fresh picked Aquadulce Claudia broad beans and they didn't even need a knob of butter - they were that good! Bon Apetite!

2 Comments:

At 10:28 AM, Blogger Carrie said...

What?!! You got all this bounty already. Living up here North of Belfast, it will be a while before we can eat lovely broad beans. Enjoy each one and think of me!!

 
At 10:43 AM, Blogger vibrantindiatours said...

Fantastic post - Great explainations and thinking.I'm looking forward to what you have for us next..!
Vegetables

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

>