Down on the Allotment

Matron grows vegetables and fruit in a Hampshire garden. I've been growing veggies since I was knee high to a grasshopper. Some traditional varieties and old favourites as well as new ideas. I share my garden with my allotment assistant Daisy the Labrador. On Twitter as @MatronsVeggies

Wednesday, June 15, 2016

New Assistant Gardener

 Hello everyone!  Matron has now filled the vacant position of 'Assistant Gardener'.  The job goes to 8 week old Daisy the Labrador. So far she has been keeping me on my toes picking up leaves, sticks, moss, and generally helping around the garden.
 She also picked a ripe strawberry yesterday when she came home, but this innocent little face denied all knowledge of the deed!
So what is the first task for an Assistant Gardener? - A trip to the local garden centre of course!

4 Comments:

At 7:19 AM, Blogger Celia Hart said...

You two are going to be such a great team x

 
At 8:05 AM, Blogger Midmarsh John said...

I did wonder whether you would have another Assistant Gardener. Daisy looks adorable and I'm sure you will be having many happy adventures together and I look forward to reading about them.

 
At 12:00 PM, Blogger Junk Journal Penpals said...

I'm sure your lovely new puppy will be a great help to you in your gardening adventures. After all Monty Don has two, doesn't he!

 
At 7:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

She's lovely. I'm sure you'll have lots of fun together – there's something special about gardening with a dog.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

>